Guests: Bill Laurance
A series of interviews led by Flavio Li Vigni on which artists, who have set the standard on the British scene and newcomers redefining the style and spirit of Jazz, discuss their favourite albums. These interviews were recorded live at Morley College as part of the 2019 Jazz at Morley concert series.
In this episode, Bill Laurance and Flavio Li Vigni discuss a couple of tracks from Sunlight by Herbie Hancock followed by two excepts from the concert at Morley on June 7, 2019.
Interview featuring the tracks:
1. Myron’s World, from Dharma Days by Mark Turner
2. Jacky’s Place, from Dharma Days by Mark Turner
3. The Loneliness of Being Right, from Winter Truce (and Homes Blaze) by Django Bates
Excerpt from Live at Morley on June 28, 2019
1. Untitled by The Mike Chillingworth Quartet
2. Ironing the Carpet by The Mike Chillingworth Quartet
Check out the upcoming events of the new 2020 Jazz at Morley Season