Top Ten Podcast
Episode 1: Tips for Online Learning with Conrad Stott
Welcome to our Top Ten podcast. In this series of podcasts, we will be sharing a variety of our Top Ten tips, songs, travel destinations, and more!
In this first episode, Conrad Stott, HND Music Performance and Production student at Morley College London and Morley Radio volunteer, will be sharing his Top Ten Tips for Online Learning.
Conrad’s Top Ten Online Learning Tips
1. Turn your phone off, or at least the notifications
2. Use a desk or suitable space
3. Organise all your deadlines and classes in a calendar. Colour code works for me too!
4. Use hard copies of your assignments.
5. Use guides for online platforms. If you learn how to use those platforms before your lessons you will find things will be much easier.
6. Communication is key. Keep in touch with your tutors or classmates.
7. Use online libraries instead of using just Google.
8. This one is for music students: get your hands on a sound card, microphone and a good pair of headphones (of monitors if you have the space).
9. Take regular breaks, maybe 2 x 5mins per hour or 10 mins per hour.
10. Have a selection of tunes that can help you concentrate or relax or find something with a beat to get motivated.
Recorded in isolation at Conrad’s home studio on April 24, 2020